30 C
Ho Chi Minh City
Monday, May 17, 2021

Work on My Thuan-Can Tho Expy to start in November

Must read

HCMC – The My Thuan-Can Tho Expressway project, which will pass through the Mekong Delta provinces of Vinh Long and Dong Thap, is scheduled to get off the ground in late November this year, said the project’s investor Cuu Long CIPM under the Transport Ministry.

Vinh Long and Dong Thap are conducting procedures to pay compensation to the 1,503 affected households and then hand over the cleared sites to the investor.

Deputy Minister of Transport Nguyen Nhat said that the project’s construction is set to begin in November to connect the My Thuan 2 Bridge project in 2023 and the Trung Luong-My Thuan Expressway project which is under construction.

According to Cuu Long CIPM, the 22.97-kilometer-long project will begin from Vinh Long City’s Tan Hoa Ward and end at the Cha Va Intersection of National Highway 1A, both in Vinh Long Province.

In the first phase, the expressway will have four lanes with a speed limit of 80 kilometers per hour. It will be further expanded to six lanes, allowing vehicles to travel at a maximum speed of 100 kilometers per hour. It requires over VND4.8 trillion in investment and the first phase will reach completion in 2023.

Earlier in 2017, the Transport Ministry approved a plan to develop the My Thuan-Can Tho Expressway under the private-public-partnership format and the build-operate-transfer contract.

However, due to obstacles in selecting an appropriate investor, the authorities this year decided to switch the investment format to public investment.

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest articles