HCMC – Vinamilk and Sojitz have begun work on a VND3-trillion beef cattle farming and processing complex in Tam Dao, Vinh Phuc Province, scheduled to be put into operation next year.
Vinamilk and Japan’s Sojitz Corporation held the groundbreaking ceremony of the 75.6-hectare Vinabeef Tam Dao complex yesterday, March 8.
The complex consists of a beef cattle farm that will be able to raise up to 10,000 head per year and a beef processing facility that can process nearly 30,000 head per year.
Mai Kieu Lien, CEO of Vinamilk, said the project would be executed and operated in a closed process, including cattle farming, processing and distribution.
Vietnam Dairy Products (Vinamilk) holds a 51% stake in Vinabeef Tam Dao and Sojitz the remaining 49%.