HCMC – A house fire last evening, March 3, killed a five-month-old baby in the central province of Quang Tri, a local official confirmed.
Ho Van Nhiep, chairman of Ta Rut Commune in the province’s Dakrong District, said the baby was taken to a local hospital for emergency treatment after the incident, but did not survive. His body was handed over to the family.
Earlier, at around 7 p.m. yesterday, local residents discovered the fire at the house of Ho Thi Xe, aged 40, in A Lieng hamlet. At the time of the incident, Xe was out while her child was sleeping inside.
The locals tried to put out the blaze and approached the house to take the baby out. They then rushed him to the hospital, where he died due to severe injuries.
The house was completely destroyed by the fire, including household equipment.
As reported by the local media, the house had no electricity and was lit by a candle at the time of the incident.